Thursday, February 27, 2014

Travel Diary: Myanmar

Finally, I'm back from another refreshing trip to recuperate myself. A trip that was simple and yet fruitful. I've get to see life in simple perspective again (anyone that comes from a city life will understand and appreciate). This trip allows me see things in a way that joy can be achieved through simple means. So it was great to step away and relive the simple life. An experience I truly enjoy.

Yangon was the first destination I settled at. A bustling city, yet a simple living. Although this is a country where the locals went through tough times of the past, yet almost everyone treated each other with respect. Appreciation of the peace is what I saw from the faces of the locals.
















Next up we went to the freshwater lake of Inle. A lake that was elevated on a altitude of 880 meters above sea level. I'll just have to say that everything floats here.






Right after Inle lake, we head out on a night bus to Bagan. Bagan is like a city of pagodas, temple and monasteries in my point of view. It is every where you turn. Confused by the names and location of pagodas, temples and monasteries, we decide to hire a guide to bring us around to understand the history of the place.




















our last destination before heading back to Yangon was Mandalay. This was one of the old capital of Myanmar. Modern as it seems to be compared with Yangon, the temples we visited seems to be very well maintain and decorated.











In the last part of the journey, we wanted to experienced the real local lifestyle of normal civilians here. So we decide to give a local train ride a go and it turns out nice and soothing. Here's how we ended our trip with what we saw.






Last but not least, the awesome bunch of crazy buddies that brighten up the trip along with me on our quest to Myanmar. Thank you guys.


Till then, I will be always out to look for to new places to share with you my photo journey....

Signing out with love,
Christopher Oon

No comments:

Post a Comment